Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten Programs
Our preschool classes are available for children 2.9 years - 6 years-olds. Programs are offered based on enrollment needs. VNS’s developmental theory is that each child is a unique learner, and brings his/her own perspectives and abilities to the classroom. To foster this theory, we believe in a small class size offers the best environment for learning. Village Nursery School provides an engaging and nurturing environment to support the development of verbal, mathematical, motor, and social skills. We foster a playful environment to build a love of learning.
Our most important function at Village Nursery School is to ensure that each child’s first school experience is a safe, joyful and enriching one. All of our classrooms provide a wide variety of materials and enrichment activities. Many are teacher-made to suit specific needs within the class. Learning Centers are provided daily to allow the children to enjoy activities of their choice.
VNS promotes creativity and imaginative thinking as we build on developmentally appropriate skills in a logical, progressive manner. Our curriculum closely follows the Massachusetts Curriculum Guidelines and Standards.
Our inclusive curriculum includes:
- - Exciting themes and units to expand horizons
- - Field trips and special on-site presentations
- - Literacy and Language
- - Visits from our music teacher
- - Language specialist for older 4s
- - Puppetry and theater
- - Exposure to diversity of nature, human culture and the world around us
- - Developing social skills
- - Weekly Activities - Art, Math, Cooperative Games, Reading, Writing, and Dramatic Play
Our classes provide individual attention. Student to teacher ratios for the class are typically: 1:5 for 3 year-olds and 1:8 for 4 year-olds. Low student-teacher ratios make it possible for our teachers to focus on each child’s unique learning style, needs and special talents.
- - Classes run from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- - One, Two and Three-day programs for children 2. 9 – 3 years old
- - Three and four day programs for children 4 – 6 years old
Located adjacent to conservation land and trails, the teachers take advantage of this resource for outside projects and exploration for science and nature activities.